Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance



Back to the past ... I've always loved vintage fashion and from time to time I find myself going to the vintage style again.  It's a truly admirable style with the endless elegance, beauty, sophistication, well-thought details and extremely much effort! Not anyone could rock that age and therefore I'm always stunned seeing some modern girls being from top to toe vintage - it's more than beautiful. I just love to dig out old pieces of clothing that somehow tell a story and then go back in time to style myself in that style as well. 

Now this dress is one statement piece that had been sitting lonely in my wardrobe, waiting for its time to shine .. It was kind of a gift from my mother who loves vintage style as well, but since it didn't fit well to her, she gave it to me. I was overwhelmed because it's really one of the most beautiful dresses I have! Since it's quite glam and more suitable for a night out, I haven't worn it a lot. Also, it's actually way too big for me - size 18, when I'm a size 10-12. Thanks to the cut and the little bow it's not that bad to wear so I also incourage you: if you find an item that seems to fit quite well and you love it but are afraid to buy because it's a bit big, don't worry - there is always a chance to do some alterations and make it fit you! 

Are you a fan of vintage style/dresses? What do you think about them? :) 

xoxo

 Pictures by Rauno P. 
* Dress - H&R 
* Shoes - New Look
* Necklace - vintage








No comments:

Post a Comment